Published on June 1st, 2016 | by Nick Payne0
Payne’s Chain Reaction VIII
Welcome to the eighth instalment of Payne’s Chain Reaction! For those who don’t know this is a quiz with a difference; each answer links to the next forming a chain which can provide clues to any questions you get stuck on or as additional questions – “What links those answers?”. The links range from as obvious as a shared word to more obscure facts and play-on-words. Finally, in the spirit of scientific research, collaboration is encouraged!
Note: links get revealed between the answer and the previous answer
From the end of the last chain:
20. Who were the Fab Four?
1. What car did Ferdinand Porsche design at Adolf Hitler’s behest?
2. Which 1968 Disney film was rebooted in 1997?
3. What mental disorder, with a name rooted in Greek mythology, is the female equivalent of satyriasis?
4. What is considered Robert Palmer’s signature song?
5. What Shania Twain song has two exclamation marks in its title?
6. Which American Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete had a surprising appearance on the 2015 cover of Vanity Fair magazine?
7. Whose ex-wife and daughters have we been keeping up with since 2007?
8. In 1973, who became the first NFL player to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season?
9. In sport, the illegal use of what is often referred to as “doping”?
10. With which athlete did Nike develop the Livestrong wristband in 2004?
11. Who were the first two people to walk on the Moon?
12. What are the names and professions of the two main characters in the Toy Story franchise?
13. What cover song was Eric Clapton’s only US number-one single?
14. What word is given to a mass departure of people?
15. What can only be divided by themselves and 1?
16. Who is the leader of the Autobots?
17. What AC electrical device is used to transfer energy between circuits using electromagnetic induction?
18. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan started dating (and later married) after appearing together in which film?
19. What phrase, alluding to batting in baseball, is used to mean initiating action and assuming responsibility?
20. What structures make up the Earth’s lithosphere?